We pride ourselves in our community here at York St John University. It’s a close-knit, inclusive place that offers a lot more than a degree certificate. With official ‘Sanctuary’ status, we see our role as something bigger than an education provider.
Our role in the city of York is one we take seriously. Many of our students engage directly with the wider community across so many different levels. From prison partnerships to working with disabled athletes, military rehabilitation to free creative courses for mental health service users – we fight to remove the hurdles that prevent participation.
- 180years of teaching people from across the world in the heart of York
- We hold the Social Enterprise Gold Mark in recognition of the responsible way we do business
- We have been named in the top 10 universities in the country for teaching quality by the Sunday Times
- Our unique contextual offer scheme, described as radical by the Office for Students, gives more people a fair chance to access Higher Education
- We are connected to a network of over 28,000 alumni from across the years and across the world