The story of our university began in September of 1857, when the first students arrived to study at its predecessor, Assumption College.
In the 160+ years since, the small Roman Catholic college gave rise to a non-denominational, comprehensive, teaching and learning university. More than 16,000 students attend the University of Windsor today and its alumni family boasts 100,000 members.
- The University of Windsor offers 190 undergraduates programs, 65 graduate programs and six professional programs.
- Faculty: 524
- Student/faculty ratio: 26:1
- Undergraduate and Graduate: 16,321 (full and part-time students)
- International students: 23 percent of the student body from nearly 100 countries
- Student:faculty ratio: 26:1
- Hours of service contributed to Windsor-Essex communities: 1.25 million