With over 50 years of academic excellence behind us as a University, we continue to grow our international reputation, course provision, and research impact.
We have always been pioneers in developing new course subjects and modes of teaching, reflecting and anticipating the needs of employers, our students, and of society as a whole; our course provision and research strategy is designed in response to the changing business, social, scientific and environmental landscape.
Today our associations and networks span the globe; from strong links to leading local and national employers, to academic partner institutions, to the World Technology Universities Network, we are an outward facing institution committed to the creation, dissemination, and application of knowledge for the benefit of global society.
We have an alumni community of more than 140,000 graduates in over 175 countries worldwide.
- 1stin England for impact on social mobility (Higher Education Policy Institute’s English Social Mobility Index 2021)
- Distance Learning MBAranked 1st in the world for value for money, 2nd for its overall salary increase for MBA graduates three years after graduating, 5th for ‘international mobility’, and 4th for the student demographics, with 72% of those on the course classed as international students (Financial Times Online MBA Rankings 2021)
- Top 10 in UK for Chemical Engineering(Guardian University League Tables 2021)
- Top 10 in UK for Forensic Science, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, and Physiotherapy(Complete University Guide 2021)
- Top 20 in the UK for Forensic Science & Archaeology, Nursing & Midwifery, Pharmacy & Pharmacology, and Sports Sciences(Guardian University League Tables 2020)
- Top 20 in the UK for Archaeology and Medical Technology (Complete University Guide 2021)