Since 1970, TRU has taken pride in providing an excellent education to every student who comes to us — from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives, at various stages of the learning journey. We serve more than 25,000 students — on our campuses in Kamloops and Williams Lake, and via distance or online courses and programs through Open Learning.
From traditional academics to trades, from certificates to graduate degrees, TRU offers over 140 on-campus programs and 50-plus Open Learning programs. Our students apply what they learn in co-op work terms, study abroad, undergraduate research, field schools and practicums, service learning and other opportunities — with guidance and mentorship by our accessible faculty. Research, creation and innovation thrive in our open, flexible learning environment. And so do our students.
- 20,000 +Students enrolled in on-campus and online programs
- 31Average class size for academic courses
- 140Programs on campus
- 60Programs online
- 1 million +Square feet of learning space
- 1,000 +Residential spaces for students
- $975,000Tri-Council funding for research by students and faculty
- $2.5 million Scholarships, bursaries and awards for students every year
- 2,000 +Employees: faculty, support staff and administration
400 +Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty members