The big challenges that our world faces are complex. We are working to solve them by sharing our ideas, expertise and technology across the University and with our partners.
From tackling cancer, to making our cities greener, to creating smart textiles that improve and save lives; we’re making major breakthroughs across our five key themes. And, through our thriving research culture, we’re also creating the innovators of the future who will continue to have an impact on world problems.
- University of the Year: We were recently named University of the Year 2019in the Guardian University Awards.
- 37th in this year’s Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide: A climb of ten places to 37thin this year’s Times and Sunday Times guide.
- Gold for outstanding teaching quality: Your students are taught by experienced, expert teachers. (Teaching Excellence Framework TEF 2017.)
- Employability: 97% of our graduates are in employment or further study just six months after graduating(DLHE 2016/17).
- First UK university to receive Purple Flag status: NTU is the first UK university to be awarded the Purple Flagfor its night-time culture and for promoting the safety of students and visitors.
- Queen’s Anniversary Prize for research: Our research here at Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is world-class, and in recognition of that we’ve been awarded the highest national honour for a UK university – a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
- First-class facilities: NTU has invested over £450 million in our campuses and facilities in the last 15 years.