Mount Allison University’s beautiful and historically rich campus is nestled on the Tantramar marshes in the heart of Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada.
The University attracts some of the most talented and creative minds from across the country and around the world. To date 55 Mount Allison students have become Rhodes Scholars — one of the best records in the country — and counts many of Canada’s top business, cultural, and community leaders among its graduates.
- First university in the British Empire to award a Bachelor’s degree to a woman (Grace Annie Lockhart, Bachelor of Science, 1875)
- First university in Canada to grant a Bachelor of Arts to a woman (Harriet Starr Stewart, 1882)
- Home to the oldest university art gallery in Canada
- First university in Canada to provide Internet access across the entire campus
- First university in Canada to offer a Canadian studies program
- A pioneer in the establishment of services for students with learning disabilities