We are creating leaders in technology and management, unlocking the potential of people and organisations by partnering with business and governments to deliver transformational research, postgraduate education and professional development.
Cranfield’s distinctive expertise is in our deep understanding of technology and management and how these work together to benefit the world.
Our education portfolio is renowned for its relevance to business and industry. We are the largest UK provider of master’s-level graduates in engineering and offer a flagship MBA, extensive world-class customised executive education and professional development programmes. Our work informs government policy and leads the way in producing cutting edge new technologies and products in partnership with industry.
The research and consultancy we carry out for industry, government and business provides our students with a real-world learning environment, allowing them to develop as professionals and then transfer their knowledge to the global economy. This has always been the ‘Cranfield way’ but it has never been more important than in today’s world.
- In June 2020, 54% of our students were from the UK, 16% from EU countries and 30% from the rest of the world.
- Over half of all aerospace engineering master’s students in the UK study at Cranfield each year.
- In a typical year, our academics deliver courses in over 40 countries outside the UK.
- We have over 20 international alumni communities across the world, including China, India, Russia, Switzerland and Brazil.
- We are ranked in the top ten in the UK for commercial research, consultancy and professional development.
- According to the Research Excellence Framework 2014, 81% of our research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent.