We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus on applied research.
Our students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines including health, design and engineering laboratories, performing arts studios and computing centres. We have been chosen to host three national Centres of Excellence in Teaching and Learning which has enabled us to invest substantial sums of money in health, design and mathematics.
- Shortlisted for University of the Year (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021)
- No 1 Modern University in the Midlands (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- Joint top modern university for career prospects (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 97% of our graduates were employed or in further study six months after graduation (DLHE Survey 2016/17 (published 2018))
- Seven subject areas rank in the top 10 (Guardian University Guide 2021)
- 1st for overseas student experiences 5 years running (Based on student trips abroad from HESA 2014/15-2018/19 UK data)
- Top 250 in QS World Rankings for Business and Management Studies (QS World University Rankings 2020)
- First in the World for Massive Online Open Courses (MoocLab’s World University Rankings by MOOC Performance 2021)